Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

book review: "faithful finance" by emily g. stroud

It's easy to feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped to deal with your personal finances. You wonder if you will ever experience financial freedom. you want to spend money on what matters, but you don't know how. 

With twenty years of professional experience, financial advisor Emily G. Stroud knows that money can be one of the great causes of stress in life - but it doesn't have to be that way. Finances, in fact, can be a great source of joy, security, and hope. 

Faithful Finance includes Emily's ten secrets to managing money with confidence. Presented in a conversational style, this practical guide offers ten simple but life-changing principles that work for every financial situation, every income level, and every stage of life.

I wanted to read this book to get a basic foundation for beginning to invest and this is a great start! I like how detailed Emily is but also how she breaks things down for those who aren't familiar with the terminology (like me!). Investing is something that had seemed overwhelming and elusive but now is easier to understand and I have an idea of where to start! After reading this book, I now have some direction in how to begin investing and continuing to save. As someone in my early thirties, I'm thinking about purchasing a home in the near future and it's so helpful to read about the different kind of loans and which I need to pursue. I feel like the book can be summed up with these words: "Goals are extremely important because they give you direction. If you do not have a plan, you will inevitably lose focus. As a result, you won't make wise decisions with your finances." This is a great book for those wanting to know more about being wise with their finances!

I received a copy of this book from Handlebar Publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment