Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

book review: "find rest" by shaunti feldhahn

Whether you are a mom of littles, a corporate executive, an involved volunteer, a student, or anything in between, you are busy. From the moment you wake up until you fall into bed, you are on the go-go-go: multitasking, taking care of others, driving car pool, running errands, filling out paperwork, managing your to-do list. On the run 24/7. Women in today's do-it-all world have more to juggle than at any other time in history. It is easy to become emotionally, physically, and spiritually exhausted. But it doesn't have to be that way.

God created you to find rest, and this devotional will take you there. It is more than just a daily pause for prayer and encouragement - it is a day-by-day journey of simple, eye-opening moments that lead you from frazzled and frenzied to abundant peace and joy. Even in the midst of the whirlwind. 

This is a great devotional! I've read Shaunti's work before and was excited to review this new book! I love that each day's reading isn't lengthy but not lacking in content either. I like the place to reflect at the end of each reading and write down any thoughts. This devotional was so timely for me because I feel like I'm in such a busy season and need to just settle down. I love the format for each day's reading: a quote, verse, reading for the day and reflection. What I'm learning in my life and what the devotional is reminding me of is that I can't do everything. Two takeaways from the book: "We must not feel bad for devoting ourselves to the season God has called us into" and "...rather than picking good things to do and asking God to bless them, we need to look to see where God is working, and go join Him." This is a book for women at any season in their life; everyone can walk away with something.
I received a copy of this book for my honest review from Icon Media Group.

1 comment:

  1. Permainan ini merupakan permainan kartu dari dunia barat terutama Amerika Serikat dan saat ini hanya dipraktekkan oleh perkumpulan-perkumpulan khusus saja
    asikqq
    dewaqq
    sumoqq
    interqq
    pionpoker
    bandar ceme
    hobiqq
    paito warna
    http://199.30.55.59/sumoqq78/
    data hk

    ReplyDelete