Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

perfect fit

I read a blog the other day that I both liked because of the point brought up but didn't like for the very same reason. The topic was about this girl wanting a boyfriend but currently still single and her resolve to wait on God because He'll work it out in His time. The illustration she used was that of going shopping with her mom in search of a jacket. Finding what she feels is the perfect one, her mom firmly shakes her head, insisting they keep looking. It all boils down to not going with the first thing she sees but continuing to look until she finds exactly what she's looking for - not settling.

I think this same principle can be applied to anything we're believing God for. Anything that requires us to say, "Ok, God. I believe this is in Your plan for me and I'm giving it to You." And then we have to partake in the difficult task of releasing control and letting God work things out according to His timetable. What's the alternative? Ending up with a jacket that we either are only semi-satisfied with or waiting until we find that jacket that is just absolutely perfect...for us (please don't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others because we all have a different path God has placed us on). Yeah, I think I'll go with the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment