Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

smoke

I'm very excited about tonight. Today is the release of the new movie, Fireproof. A ton of people from my church are flooding a local theater to watch the movie and I will be in that crowd. I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday and Kirk Cameron was on the show, promoting the movie. Though God wasn't mentioned as being one of the keys to a successful marriage, Dr. Phil talked about ways for couples to stay together instead of giving up. One line from the movie that I really like and that Dr. Phil brought up is that for a marriage to be fireproof doesn't mean it won't ever come up against any fires; it means that when the fires do come, it will be able to withstand them. I think that can apply to not just marriage but our lives as well. The Christian walk (and life in general) is not easy. We will have the choice to either walk through various fires or run and hide, refusing to move forward. Having a firm faith in God ensures that when we are faced with those fires, we can make it through unscathed. It's like in the Bible when Rack, Shack and Benny (Veggietale version) were thrown in the fire and came out not even smelling like smoke. That's what I want. I want to be able to stand up against whatever life throws at me and walk out of it not even smelling like 'smoke.'

Today's side of laughter is a blonde joke (though I know not all blondes are, shall we say, naive? I personally know several who are incredibly smart and just plain awesome! Carly, you're one of those :-)

Three blondes are in an elevator when the elevator suddenly stops and the lights go out. They try using their cell phones to get help, but have no luck. Even the phones are out. After a few hours of being stuck with no help in sight, one blonde says to the others "I think the best way to call for help is by yelling together." The others agree with the first, so they all inhale deeply and begin to yell loudly "Together, together, together."

No comments:

Post a Comment