Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

all

I've been listening to a song called "Healer" (the Hillsong version is my favorite). The one line that's been sticking out to me is "I believe You are all I need..." This is where I'm getting hung up. I have to make a conscious decision to mean that line. I'm craving the kind of relationship with God where that truly is my heart's cry. To reach a point where I don't need a guy or anything else but only God. To know who I am in God and be content with the path I'm walking. I've always thought of content as meaning happy where you are and having no desire for anything else and that's not what I want. I want to fulfill the things God has for me and not be satisfied with where I'm currently at - I know He has more for me. But that's not what it means. Philippians 4:12 says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." In other words, no matter the situation, Paul trusts God. He knows God has a plan and will take care of him. God, You're all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment