Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

fleece

I had a moment today that I'm taking as confirmation from God. I've been praying for a new job (not just a new one but the right one) and wondering if my degree is ever going to be used. I majored in education but have begun doubting if that's really what I'm supposed to do.

Taking a slight bunny trail, I just finished reading a book that made reference to the story of Gideon in the Bible. She was talking about how she asked God for a sign in regards to a big decision she was facing - just as when Gideon asked God to 1. have the fleece be wet and the ground dry and 2. the fleece be dry and the ground wet. Though I can't remember asking for a sign from God (though it'd be great for an arrow to simply point in the direction I should go), I feel like He might've given me one anyway (and I'm totally fine with that - God's just loving like that). I was at Target and looking at the $1 section they have at the front of the store. Walking down one aisle I noticed a super cute pointer for teachers on the floor (to use to point at maps, charts, etc.). Without hesitating, I bent down, picked it up and decided to buy it. It wasn't until I was in the car that I realized my reaction. I'm choosing to believe this was God reminding me I didn't choose the wrong major and He'll work out the whole job thing for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I totally believe you'll get to use that in your classroom at some point. :-)

    ReplyDelete