Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

book review: "Jesus in the present tense" by warren wiersbe

“The way we relate to the Lord determines how He will relate to us.” By reading His “I AM” statements in the Bible, we’re better able to understand who He is. When Moses asked God who he should tell Pharaoh who had sent him, God replied: “I AM WHO I AM.” Moses told the Israelites, “I AM has sent me to you.”’ God’s I AM statements:

- Yahweh-Jireh: The Lord will provide or see to it
- Yahweh-Rophe: The Lord who heals
- Yahweh-Nissi: The Lord our banner
- Yahweh-M’Kaddesh: The Lord who sanctifies
- Yahweh-Shalom: The Lord our peace
- Yahweh-Rohi: The Lord my shepherd
- Yahweh-Saboath: The Lord of hosts
- Yahweh-Tsidkenu: The Lord our righteousness
- Yahweh-Shammah: The Lord is there

When we begin to grasp who God wants to be in our lives, we can start living a life that reflects that. “Christians possessed by the “living hope” will experience “hopeful living,” and this hope will give them the faith and strength they need to fight the battles, carry the burdens, and keep going when life is hard.” Each I AM statement is a promise from God to us and those promises are ultimately fulfilled through Jesus. “When God gave us the gift of His Son, He gave us His very best and in Him everything we will ever need to live a successful Christian life! “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ. And so through Him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.” We live by promises, not by explanations; and when through the Spirit we claim a promise and say “Amen – so be it,” God fulfills the promise in Jesus Christ!

I received a copy of this book from the B & B Media Group and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment