Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

tantrums

Even though I'm in my mid-twenties, I'll admit I still have moments where I might throw a small tantrum. Nothing like when little, on the ground and arms flailing but still, I'll definitely be in a mood...because I didn't get my way. I was thinking about this last night. I had planned a surprise party for my brother. Friends were going to meet us at a restaurant and then we were going to see the new Transformer movie. All week long he kept asking if we could go to a different theater or a different restaurant. He wouldn't trust that I knew exactly what I was doing and we would have fun. I then started thinking about myself and how I sometimes act with God. I know He has the best plans for me but that doesn't make waiting any easier. I want to keep asking questions, trying to pry information out of Him. I can't just sit back and let Him work things out. I get frustrated and feel like stomping my foot while asking "But God, why?" (said in a pouty voice). When I think about it, I know it doesn't make sense for me to behave like this - I know I can confidently leave everything with God. Sometimes, it just takes a while for that to sink in.

This song is my current favorite. The lyrics are so amazing and what I absolutely love is the line "it's gonna be wild, it's gonna be fun, it's gonna be full of Me." I love how it's God singing to us.




Jesus Culture - Come Away found on Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment