Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

genius

Yesterday my pastor talked about the genius that resides in all of us though not all of us tap into it. He said we're all created to do different things and it's when we find that place where we know He's called us that our genius is able to come out. It was a really great message and one I want to listen to again. I've been fighting the feeling of being overwhelmed as I try to keep several spinning plates from crashing to the floor. I want to fulfill the plans He has for me and experience the fullness of my genius. But I know I won't get there without effort on my part. I have to make it a priority to work on the dreams He's placed inside of me and not let that I'm tired or have a lot going on get in the way. There's a book a friend of mine told me about titled The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. It's on my "to read" list and the author talks about overcoming the things that can stand in our way as we go after our dreams. I'm not content to live a life that's anything less than what God has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment