Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

book review: "ask me anything, Lord" by heather c. king

When God calls you to make an impact for Him in your everyday life, feelings of fear, doubt, and insufficiency seem to show up automatically. As a matter of fact, they have been making appearances since the beginning of time in the lives of people like Adam and Eve, Elijah, Peter, and many others. During their moment of uncertainty God asked Adam and Eve, "Where are you?" as a checkpoint for their relationship with Him. God asked Elijah, "What are you doing here?" to bring him out from the places of depression and frustration. And Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me?" to restore their relationship. 

In Ask Me Anything, Lord, Heather C. King reminds you that God can use questions in Scripture to reveal the true motives and intents of your heart, challenge your thinking, and help you overcome. Exploring encounters God had with people of the Bible and sharing her own experiences, King encourages you to draw closer to God, receive the fullness of His blessings, and move forward today.

I loved this book! As I was reading it, I kept thinking "Oh, I'm needing to hear this right now!" over and over again. Having the opportunity to review this in this season of my life was definitely a God thing. I loved this one paragraph: "When we ask for God's guidance, sometimes we must wait with determined patience for the neon sign. Other times, it seems like He says, "I was hoping you'd ask me that!" and the answer is right there before we've even finished praying." I liked how King pulled examples from the Bible and made me see those people differently. She talked about how faith requires trusting, even though it might not make sense. How you have to trust when the plans you thought God had for you seem to be changing but we can know that God directs our steps. I like the questions at the end of each chapter to help take it even deeper! King writes in such a way that it's easy to read and I like her personal stories that she weaves throughout. Definitely a book to keep on the shelf and pass along to others!

I received a copy of this book from Discovery House Publishers for my honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment