Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

mountain moving faith

“Because you’re not yet taking God seriously,” said Jesus. “The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, ‘Move!’ and it would move. There is nothing you wouldn’t be able to tackle.” - Matthew 17:20 (Message)

I read this verse the other day and I've read it before but it stuck out to me this time. What does that kind of faith look like? I wonder if someone could literally move a mountain if they believed enough? And maybe that's my problem. That seems so outrageous to me that I doubt it could happen. But what if it could? What if we believed that way? What if we had so much faith there wasn't room for any doubt? I want that. I want to confidently believe for the big things as easily as I do for the small things. My pastor has said before that, my paraphrase, if we pray for something and it's easy to believe for, we need to think bigger. And, to some, this might not make sense. It might seem we can ask for anything and God should do it but there's a bit more to it. John 15:7 says, "But if you stay in me and obey my commands, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!" The more we seek God, the more we begin to want what He wants and therefore as we pray, we're praying and asking for His will for our lives. So, let's get rid of the doubt and move some mountains!

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment