Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

book review: "princess ever after" by rachel hauck

Regina Beswick didn't know she was born to be a princess.

She's content to be a small-town girl, running a classic auto restoration shop, unaware that a secret destiny awaits her. One that will leap from the pages of her grandmother's hand-painted book of fairy tales.

Tanner Burkhardt is the stoic Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg. When he is tasked to retrieve the long-lost princess, he must overcome his fear of failure in order to secure his nation's future - and his own.

Yet lurking in the political shadows is a fierce opponent with sinister plans to abolish the throne forever.

Overwhelmed with opposition, Regina must decide whether she's destined to restore old cars or an ancient nation. Together - with a little divine intervention - Regina and Tanner discover the truth of her heritage and the healing power of true love.  

I loved this book! I've read Once Upon a Prince and was excited to read this next book in the series! As soon as I picked it up, I had to keep reading, wanting to know how it ended! Being a fellow southern girl myself, I immediately liked Regina and her southern sass :) And then there's the struggle she went through. Having to decide if she'd walk through this new door presented to her or cling to what she knew. Rachel did a great job of making Regina real. She was faced with a huge decision and she had doubts. What I like about Rachel's books is that there's at least one line that seems like it's just for me. With this book, Regina is about to take the Oath of the Throne and is scared. Tanner tells her, "Yes, Regina, your whole world is changing. But isn't that what courage to step into your calling is all about? Discovering the truth and doing everything in your power to obtain it? To live it?" I'm deciding if what I thought to be my calling is truly my calling. Reading Regina's story reminded me to trust God. To take a leap and trust. I love that Susanna made a cameo appearance and told Regina this: "Do you have enough vision to take the leap? That's all it requires to start something amazing. A glimpse at the potential." Even though it's a fiction story, the theme was just what I needed. I liked Regina and Tanner's banter and I couldn't help but smile when Regina not only told Tanner to look at Pinterest for some decorating ideas but then he actually did :) And the book also gave my faith a boost. Regina experienced God several times as she transitioned into her role of princess. She said when she stepped in the church, she felt God. I read in the acknowledgements that Rachel listened to Jeremy Riddle as she finished up the book - he's one of my favorites! I like how Regina continued to ask God for direction as she became a princess and could feel Him with her. Such a good book and encouragement to my faith as well!

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity for my honest review.
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment