Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

book review: "power thoughts" by joyce meyer

In the Introduction to her book, Meyer makes a statement that sums up the importance for taking control of our thought life. She says, “I firmly believe that each thing we do in life gives us experience for the next thing we will do and that our thoughtful planning is perfected by God as we place our trust in Him.” She further says “It is impossible to change our lives unless and until we change our thoughts.”

Meyer shares twelve “power thoughts” for us to grab hold of and meditate on in order to give our mind a mental make-over. These are:
1. I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ.
2. God loves me unconditionally!
3. I will not live in fear.
4. I am difficult to offend.
5. I love people and enjoy helping them.
6. I trust God completely; there is no need to worry!
7. I am content and emotionally stable.
8. God meets all my needs abundantly.
9. I pursue peace with God, myself, and others.
10. I live in the present and enjoy each moment.
11. I am disciplined and self-controlled.
12. I put God first in my life.

I really liked this book. I like the way Meyer has written it so you can break up each “power thought” and study one a week. I definitely want to re-read the book, getting all I can out of it. At the end of each “power thought” she also includes a list of relevant scriptures. Scattered throughout the chapters are questions for you to answer, encouraging us to evaluate our current thought life and what we can do to change it. One thing she said that spoke to me as I’m in a season of waiting is that “Satan often works through or takes advantage of our weaknesses at the precise time God is trying to promote us or lead us to take a step of faith that will advance His Kingdom or move us closer to fulfilling our destinies.”

* I received an ARC of this book from Faith Words and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment