Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 goal: read through the Bible

One of my goals for this year is to read the Bible all the way through. I've been successful once and attempted numerous times since. I normally am ok until June or July but then I end up falling so far behind there's no way I can possibly catch up. This year I've found a different schedule that I'm hoping will be the key to my victory. One of the things that's discouraged me in years past is the number of chapters to read per day. I felt like it was so much and when I would miss a day it would soon start to add up.
This year I found a reading guide at oneyearbibleblog.com. It's broken down into two chapters from the Old Testament, a chapter and a half from the New Testament, one Psalm and a few verses in Proverbs. I like the variety though I've only been following this schedule for two days. Another option is a pdf file titled "Read Through the Bible Program for Shirkers and Slackers." It's broken down by reading in specific parts of the Bible on certain days of the week.
I'm feeling good about this. I think the key is not to give up when you start to fall behind but keep at. I think I can, I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment