Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

book review: "to win her heart" by karen witemeyer

About the book: "Having completed his sentence for the unintentional crime that derailed his youthful plans for fame and fortune, Levi Grant looks to start over in the town of Spencer, Texas. Spencer needs a blacksmith, a trade he learned at his father's knee, and he needs a place where no one knows his past. But small towns leave little room for secrets...

Eden Spencer has sworn off men, choosing instead to devote her time to the lending library she runs. When a mountain-sized stranger walks through her door and asks to borrow a book, she steels herself against the attraction he provokes. His halting speech and hesitant manner leave her doubting his intelligence. Yet as the mysteries of the town's new blacksmith unfold, Eden discovers hidden depths in him that tempt her heart.

Levi's renewed commitment to his faith leads Eden to believe she's finally found a man of honor and integrity, a man worthy of her love. But when the truth about his prodigal past comes to light, can this tarnished hero find a way to win back the librarian's affections?"

My review: I really liked this book! It's the first I've read by Witemeyer even though I'm familiar with her other titles. The cover is what initially got my attention - I think it's super cute. The story took a few unexpected turns but had the kind of ending leaving me smiling. I enjoyed the character of Levi - I thought he was sweet and liked how Witemeyer made him seem believable. She showed his struggle to move beyond his past and start a new life. I immediately connected with Eden since she and I both share a love of books. I also smiled at when Levi said he would simply come back each day to read until he could check them out. Just watching their relationship develop was very sweet. This was a great, light read!


I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for my honest review. You can learn more about the book from Karen Witemeyer's website.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too! I enjoyed reading all her books and I'm really looking forward to her next one. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete