Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

unto others

A few weeks ago I went with our youth ministry to help serve food to the homeless. We partnered with a local non profit organization. We knew it would be cold so we bundled up, loaded a bus and headed out. It's so cool to see the teens step out of their comfort zones (and leaders too :) to serve others. We helped distribute clothes and blankets as well as food. This is the second time we've done this and it's just a great way to forget about ourselves for a few hours and think about other people. These teens are seeing people their own age living on the streets and I hope they walk away realizing how blessed they are to have a warm bed and a home to go to. I want to always be thankful for what I have and never take it for granted.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." - Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment