Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

fight dirty

I don't know if anyone can relate but I'm feeling opposition during this fast. I'm fasting for three things, two of which I will share.. I'm believing for the right full-time teaching position and a new car. These are things I've been praying for for a while now and I reached the decision that since I need these big things to happen in my life, I need to sacrifice something big - hence my Daniel Fast. I'm on Day 16 and having to constantly make the choice to see this through and not give up. I had a moment last week where I felt like God apparently didn't see the fact that I'm fasting and I was just frustrated. I wanted to chuck my fast out the window and eat chocolate and meat and everything else. But then I realized that maybe this wasn't coincidental. I know God hasn't forgotten me and sees how serious I am to fast about it. The moment you want to give up is the moment you need to fight the hardest. You have to kick and claw and fight dirty against the devil to get your breakthroughs. You have to refuse to give up and don't let how you feel at the moment determine the end result. Know that it will be worth it and you'll be that much stronger on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment