Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

the waiting

I'm taking a major trip down memory lane here but every so often I'll get Christian songs from the 90's stuck in my head. This was the case the other day when I began humming "In the Waiting" by Greg Long (this was prior to him joining Avalon in case you needed that clarification). Humor me as I share the chorus:

"I want a peace beyond my understanding

I want to feel it fall like rain
In the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
And let me know that it's okay
To be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes
In the waiting."

I think there will always be something in life I'm "waiting" on - that's just how life is. We're always striving for something but I think that's ok. The other side of that is being completely satisfied to the point of never trying, never reaching. So for me, I'm still in the process of being in a place where I'm waiting but I'm also doing. I'm eagerly anticipating some things but at the same time, busy with other things God has for me. I get excited when I see tiny glimpses of those things and it encourages me as I continue to wait.

*After I scheduled this post, I heard the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller and had to include it! It's such a great song and totally goes along with this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment