Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

book review: "divergent" by veronica roth


I first heard about Divergent from Reading Teen, where it was featured as a "Reading Clean Spotlight." I put off buying the book but whenever I would see it in the store, I'd be reminded that I wanted to read it. I finally caved and picked up a copy last month. It then took me a few weeks to actually read it but after reading the first chapter, I was hooked it - I finished it in a weekend. Yes, there's some violence - quite a bit - and there's one choice word, used less than a handful of times. But overlooking that, I liked the book. What makes me even more excited is that the second book is set to come out May 1 so I don't have to wait long before seeing where the story picks up. However, Veronica was nice enough to include the first two chapters of Insurgent at the back of the book. What I also liked is the playlist for the book she included. I was able to agree with her on almost each song choice and what part of the book it corresponded with.


Though I haven't read The Hunger Games, I've seen the movie and would make the comparison - and have heard it said - that it and Divergent have some similarities - so if you like one, you'll probably like the other. If you like fighting with a little romance thrown in, then you'll probably enjoy Divergent.

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games, but haven't read Divergent yet. I'll have to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete