Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

diy: flower wreath

I made my mom a wreath for Mother's Day. I thought it would look good on her mantel and yes, it does :) I'd seen some wreaths wrapped in yarn with felt flowers and decided to try my own version. I bought a straw wreath from Hobby Lobby and at first, thought I'd leave the plastic on but in the end took it off and it looked a whole lot better. I bought a roll of wide gray ribbon and wrapped it around, leaving room for the straw to show through. I didn't have quite enough ribbon to cover the entire wreath so on the side where it left off, I added paper flowers. I think it turned out well and really like the flowers. Again, the paper came from Hobby Lobby and I added buttons to the center of each. I also partially cut the paper to add a little dimension to the flowers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment