Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

book review: "rival hearts" by tara randel

Molly Henderson and Ben Weaver are rival magazine writers for the same publishing group. When both come up for the same promotion, they find themselves in an unexpected competition to win the spot. Molly, editor of Quilter's Heart, and Ben, editor of Outdoor Adventures, must switch roles for one month, then submit an article at the end of their quests.

Can girly-girl Molly survive the outdoor adventures that Ben has planned? Can Ben navigate the dramatic social dynamics of quilting events? More importantly, will Molly and Ben give in to their attraction and fall in love, no matter who wins?

I thought this a cute story. I liked how completely opposite Molly and Ben were...it was the contrast that made the story fun. I feel like I was able to identify with Molly. She was quiet but had an inner strength she wasn't quite aware of. It took Ben's cocky attitude to make her rise to the occasion. But then Ben won me over when I learned about his background and why he wanted the promotion. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him walking into Molly's quilting group for the first time! And I'll admit I was surprised by who finally won - and the offer that was made before Masterson announced his decision. This was an easy and fun read!

You can learn more about the book by clicking here
I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity for my honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment