Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

mondays

Why are Mondays so hard to face? Is it because we're forced to accept the fact that the weekend is over and it's time to get back into the routine of school or work? We roll out of bed (much against our will) and stumble around as we try to wake up, muttering that we can't wait for Friday to arrive. The problem with this picture is that we can't live from weekend to weekend.

I'm sitting at work right now, struggling against this mindset. What I really want to do is go home, grab my favorite blanket, find a comfy spot and go back to sleep. Instead I'm doing the responsible thing and am working (please don't mistake that for bragging). I don't look forward to spending the next 3 hours (not counting the 3 I've already spent working) or so filing. Nothing else - just filing. It's a job and I'm thankful but at the same time, I can't help but wonder if watching paint dry or grass grow might be more exciting. Yet I know this is where God wants me. I was presented with the opportunity to turn in my notice in exchange for another job but I don't feel like I'm done here yet. I feel like I'm here for a reason. What reason? Yeah, I'm not quite sure. But I'm trusting God to show me the reason because He does have a plan; He just seems to have a tendency of making me wait to see what it is.

So what do I propose we do to rid ourselves of the Monday mollygrubs? Insert something fun into your day to make it more exciting. Start off by stopping at your favorite fast food jaunt and grab some breakfast (perhaps Chick-fil-A?); splurge and pay for the person behind you (you'd be surprised at how the act can turn your day around or get it off to a good start). For the girls out there, go shopping and treat yourself to a new pair of shoes (I'm sure you can find some reason to justify the purchase). Whatever it is, just do something so you don't find yourself already looking to the end of the day/week when it's only just begun. What am I going to do? I'm going to go heat up some left over pizza and savor the cheesiness in each bite. Mmmm.

Today's side of laughter is some fun things to do when bored.
~ Get a tootsie pop and see how many licks it takes to get to the center.
~ Pretend you aren't bored.
~ Call a wrong number and talk to whoever answers.
~ Have a staring contest with yourself in the mirror.
~ Call your local representative and convince him/her to have lunch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment