Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

syatp

No, I didn’t hit random keys when writing the title. SYATP stands for See You at the Pole, a day set aside for students around the country to join together and pray at their flag pole. I participated this morning, going to a local school not as a student but as a youth leader, offering my support to the courageous students willing to get up early to come to school to pray. It’s so cool to watch students not only coming together to pray but to lead the event as well. People can take the Ten Commandments out of the schools and try to remove God from the pledge of allegiance (to a country which was founded by men who served Him – how much sense does that make?) but the one thing they can’t do is stop us from gathering to pray. They can’t stop us from crying out to God on behalf of a country that seeks to separate itself from Him. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land” (Amplified). Kudos to all those who crawled out of bed when it was still dark this morning to humble themselves before God.

Today’s side of laughter is some more bad pick up lines (to all the girls reading this, may we never fall for such cheesy lines).
~ “Can I have directions?” “To where?” “To your heart.”
~ (Close hand with nothing inside and give it to her) “It’s my breath from when you took it away” (open hand while saying this).
~ “Excuse me, I think you have something in your eye. Nope, it’s just a sparkle.”
~ “Hi, I’m Mr. Right. Someone said you were looking for me.”
~ “It’s not my fault I fell in love. You’re the one that tripped me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment