Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

remember when?

I’m still in a nostalgic mood so I want to look back on the 90’s once more, highlighting movies, food, and toys that will spark a memory in all those reading.

Movies
Braveheart (1995)
City of Angels (1998)
Clueless (1995)
Cool Runnings (1993)
Forest Gump (1994)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Titanic (1997)
Toy Story (1995)
While You Were Sleeping (1995)

Food/Drinks
~ Dunkaroos (kangaroo-shaped graham crackers with frosting – these were my favorite!)
~ Munch ‘ems (I loved the cheese flavor)
~ Surge (combination of Mello Yello and Sprite – it was amazing)
~ Chiclets gum (I loved the tiny ones the best)
~ Ouch Bandaids gum (they came in a metal case; I think that was my favorite part)

Toys
~ Cabbage Patch dolls (I still have mine somewhere – her name is Emily)
~ Cupcake dolls
~ Sally Secrets doll
~ Starla doll (I used to put on shows for the rest of my family with Starla – we were a team)
~ Easy Bake Oven
~ Water Babies (I used to have one but had to throw it away when the water inside got all nasty; very traumatic experience throwing my baby away)
~ Quints dolls (oh, I loved playing with these!)
~ Talk Boy tape recorder (I used to have one - I felt just like Kevin from Home Alone 2)
~ Nintendo (I loved to play Paperboy)
~ Game boy (the original, awkward one)
~ Polly Pocket (the original, compact-looking ones – I have a container full of these somewhere)

Today’s side of laughter is a commercial for Skip It. Please take note of the outfits the kids are wearing – typical 90’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment