Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

happy fall

Since today is the first day of fall, I thought I’d welcome it by dedicating a post to it. Fall is my favorite season. I love it because it brings cooler weather and the leaves change. Never will you see more brilliant shades of colors than in the leaves that will soon litter the ground. I also feel like with a new weather season comes a new season in our own lives. I think once fall rolls around, most of us have finally established a routine after the whole back to school thing and are faithfully chugging along down life’s road. While I view fall as being a spring board for a fresh start others may view it as the closing of a another chapter in life. With the trees losing their leaves and plants no longer blooming, I can understand that perspective. Kind of like looking at the glass as half-full verses half-empty. But I think if we take that standpoint, as fall being the beginning of an end, how can we possibly have an optimistic outlook? It would seem to me that such a mentality would color everything else around us, putting it in a downcast light. We need to enjoy each day and take it for the gift it is. If the truth be told, each day is a new beginning so we don’t need to wait for a new season to inspire us to turn over a new leaf (little fall humor).

And, for the “with a side of laughter.” Worst pick-up lines:
~ “See this pin? I want to prick you with it to see if you truly do bleed sunshine.”
~ “You’re ugly but you intrigue me.”
~ “I may not be the best looking guy here but I’m the only one talking to you.”
~ “If you were a new burger at McDonald’s, you’d be McGorgeous.”
~ “You must be tired because you’ve been running through my head all night.”
~ “Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk past again?”

No comments:

Post a Comment