Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

contagious

Although I listen to Christian music, I'm not a fan of every single song incorporating scripture and talking about God. I think sometimes it's ok for music to have a God-centered message in a subtle way. For example, I've been listening to the song "Fever" by Family Force 5. I don't think God is mentioned one time but I can't hear it without thinking about Him. To me, the song is about being contagious in our Christianity, like a fever spreading. I just sometimes think we overdo the whole "Christian music" thing by staying on the end of the spectrum where the songs have to be so flowery and "God I love you." I'm not trying to be too much of a critic and say that all Christian songs are fluff and whatever else - it's just that sometimes we don't have to mention God in order to be talking about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment