Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

which way?

Have you ever questioned what to do with your life? Or, even better, did you think you knew what you were supposed to do but then started questioning that? My hand slipped up for that one. I’ve always known I wanted to be a teacher – that’s what I majored in and have spent my whole academic career pursuing. Yet I’ve spent the last two years since I’ve been out of school trying to find my way back in through a teaching job. There’s just something about being in a classroom that feels right to me – call me a dork if you want :-)

My pastor this morning prayed for all of us who were needing direction with our lives – those still in high school, those having just graduated and beginning that search for “why am I here?” to those of us having gone through college and still unsure of what we’re to be doing. I believe I’m going to find that direction. I’m believing for God to show me what it is I’m really supposed to be doing. I’ve come to the point that I’m ok with not teaching – I just want to be where God wants me. I know my education won’t be wasted – it’ll come into play somehow. I just need to be quiet enough to hear Him when He decides to speak and then be able to say, “Ok God, that’s what I’ll do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment