Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

now

I bought a book a few months ago called "The Pocket Muse: Ideas & Inspirations for Writing" by Monica Wood. It's sat in my pile of "to read" books ever since. But I decided to actually start reading it today. It's a collection of writing exercises and prompts to help with...writing. So I'm hoping this will spark new ideas for me and help get me back into the flow of writing.

Today's exercise: What are you waiting for? If not now, when?

This seems so fitting for the first exercise because I think we can all have reasons why we put off writing or whatever other dream we may have. What I've learned is that you have to just make time. Take advantage of the down time you have and scribble out a few lines. Don't fall into the trap of "when ________ happens, then I'll start writing." Now really is the time. Now's the perfect time to start. Whatever it is. Now...is...the...time.

No comments:

Post a Comment