Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

recipe: peanut butter ice cream pie

I embarked on a recipe that I'm hoping will be as amazing as I've built it up to be. How can you not expect a taste of heaven when the end result is supposed to look like this:

So I tried it out this morning, modifying it as I saw fit (which meant only adding more chocolate). The recipe is from http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=29616 and is relatively simple (the best kind).

Ingredients

  • 1 pkg Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough (though I bought the tub of dough since I'm making it for a bunch of middle schoolers and an pie serving 8 just wouldn't cut it).
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (again, I bought a large jar and ended up using the whole thing).
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream (I used a gallon and though there's still some left over so we'll end up making sundae's - the proverbial two birds with one stone in action).
  • chocolate syrup
  • peanuts (I left these out because I'm not a big peanut fan)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie pan (or a baking dish as I did). Press cookie dough onto bottom and sides of pan. Mine looked like this:
Bake for 18-22 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before flattening your "crust" with a spoon. Allow to cool completely before adding a layer of peanut butter (about half the jar).
Mix ice cream and the rest of the peanut butter together before spreading on top of the layer of peanut butter.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup and I also added some mini chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Let freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight (I'll add more of the last 3 ingredients before serving).
And there you go! Easy, right? I've yet to taste it and see how absolutely amazing it but I'm thinking it's gonna be good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment