Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

he said, she said

So yesterday I had an interesting conversation with some friends. I posted something on Twitter which sparked different reactions from three people. Let me set up the scene. I was on my way to work and stopped to get gas. The lines were at least two cars deep for each pump so I finally picked one and decided to wait it out. The guy in front of me, aware he now had an audience, tried to give off the "I'm smooth" vibe. Here's what happened, along with my commentary:

Me: It's funny how people act when they know you're watching. Guy in front of me getting gas is trying to play the "cool & casual" card. [and by this I mean he had the pump set to automatic so he could lean against his car, ankles crossed and appear as if he had all the time in the world]

Friend 1: Is he cute?

Me: Cute? Not so much. I liked his car though :-) [black BMW - very sporty]

Friend 2: Did you talk to him?

Me: Did i talk to him? That'd be a no. Maybe if he played the "cool & casual" card a little better :-) [I was raised to not talk to strangers and how awkward would that be for me to get out of my car while he's pumping gas to say hi??]

Friend 3: If he had to play the card then he is neither.

Friend 2: Poor guy...saw a hot girl and freaked out. You should have said hi. You would have made his day!

Wow...so that's how my afternoon went yesterday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment