Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

backwards

So I plan on doing another post on some amazing artists I've had the pleasure of seeing in concert for the first time this year but this song has been running through my head this week and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. The song is called "Moving Backwards" by a guy named Ben Rector. He's not hugely known (yet) but I have a feeling he'll one day get there. And what's really cool about this song is that I saw him perform it which somehow makes it that much better in my mind.

I tried researching the story behind it because I think it interesting to hear the inspiration. My digging didn't turn up anything so I'll give my own take on the song. To me, it's about putting faith in God even when it doesn't make sense. Others may not understand why you choose to believe - to them the Bible may just be a jumble of stories - but it's more than that to you. Life is always moving and we're constantly making choices...

Here's a promo for the video...

No comments:

Post a Comment