Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

25 hours

Tomorrow we gain an extra hour - something that only happens once a year. I'm pondering how to spend this extra sixty minutes. Normally, I never get that extra hour of sleep - instead I stay up an hour longer and am still tired in the morning :-) Yet I'm thinking of doing something beyond watching tv for another hour or working on my laptop. There's a new book out (that is now at the top of my "to read" list") called "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick. It's a book about having audacious faith - the kind of faith that believes in the impossible happening. The kind of faith Joshua had when asking God to make the sun stand still. I received an email from the publisher of the book, asking me to participate in something that can potentially change the world. Tomorrow, when we have that 25th hour and the sun seemingly stands still, people will be praying. It's something interesting to think about. Now, I may forget and spend that extra hour doing something else but the idea of Christians asking God for the impossible sounds very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment