Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

recipe: rice and cornbread

I've said before how much I love just throwing things together when it comes to cooking. I stumbled upon another such dish today. I was in the mood for Spanish rice so I tossed the packet in the microwave for 10 minutes. While that was cooking, I decided corn bread would go along with it - I wanted something to help with the kick from the rice (I know it's not that hot but I don't do spicy). While the cornbread was baking and the rice cooling off, I shredded some cheese. After everything cooled off, I crumbled the cornbread in the bottom of the bowl, adding some rice and then the cheese. Mix it all together and you're done. It was SO yummy! You could also add other vegetables (I was thinking corn) for more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment